The weather held out for the majority of today’s shoot. Although it did rain for about ten minutes,this is when their was a mass exodus into the container!!!!
Various types of guns were out to play today , Muzzle Loaders, Hammer Guns, loud bangs could be heard across the valley’s!!!!
The clubhouse is coming along nicely, we have had a microwave, wood burning stove donated to us.
At the end of the shoot we had a catch up in the clubhouse over cake and coffee .
As a member of the YPB I decided to write down all the excuses for poor shooting that I have heard over the last few months, so here goes:
- I forgot to put the shot in.
- I’ve used the wrong shot.
- The Sun was in my eyes.
- The rain was in my face.
- I forgot my glasses.
- I don’t like shooting from this position.
- I couldn’t see the clay.
- The clays are the wrong colour.
- I keep getting cramp in my hands.
- I pulled the wrong trigger.
- I forgot to cock the trigger.
- I forgot my protective glasses.
- The clay was too fast.
- The clay was to slow.
- I put the wrong socks on.
- I was wondering where I had left the car keys.
- I thought someone shouted me.
- It was too smokey.
- It’s Kranks coal dust.
- The shot was damp.
- Didn’t put enough shot in.
- I shot to soon.
- I left it to late.
- I missed that.
- I forgot to take the safety off.
- It was to warm.
- It was too cold.
- My hands were cold.
- It’s a left-handed gun.
- The gun doesn’t like me.
- I’m too tired.
- I was hit on the head as a child.
- My flint is not quite right it’s French not English.
- Didn’t have my head on the stock.
- I was to busy talking.
- It was too windy.
- I’m having a bad hair day.
- I’m not bad, just consistent.
- My socks were too tight.
- I put the wrong shoes on.
- I forgot to put my belt on.
- My trousers were falling down.
- I needed the toilet.
- I don’t get enough practice.
- I forgot how to shoot.
- The clay was too far away.
- The branch got in my line of fire.
- My sight was off.
- I’m using a different type of shot.
- I didn’t get enough sleep.
- I’ve got a headache.
- This is how I learned to shoot.
- I thought I would give the others a chance.
- I left my gun by the fire and it warped the barrel.
- My wellies hurt my feet.
Hope you enjoy reading these? If you have any you would like to add please let us know.